Saturday, June 4, 2011

Magic Hat Vinyl Lager

This is another offering by Magic hat that is outstanding. The smooth as fresh cream mouthfeel combines with the sharp bite of carbonation in the back of the throat to make you go "Ahhh! That's good beer!" It has hints of citrus and caramel in the nose and a perfect balance of hop acidity. Not a heavy beer but there is no doubt that you are drinking full bodied goodness. Not some watered down lite beer guaranteed to make you pee. I like it a lot.
-Zech gives Magic Hat Vinyl lager seasonal  a 4 out of 5-

Yes  faithful readers Matt is still alive! I have been on hiatus from the beer reviews, but am back to give my angle on this Lager from Magic Hat Brewers. As I poured this beautiful reddish brown product of delightfulness, I soon realized that this was a quality production. Magic Hat has yet to let me down with an un-unique offer. The head dissipated rather quickly but the coffee like undertones were hitting me with every sip and as the beer warmed became a little stronger. The aftertaste had a slight hop hint, for those who are not into the hopped up beers this one is so slight you will not be bothered by it. I paired this with some tamales and truly enjoyed it better with the Mexican food than many of the beers produced for that purpose.
-Matt is enamored enough to give this a 4.5 out of 5






No comments:

Post a Comment