Friday, September 2, 2011

Flying Dog Tire Bite Golden Ale

This  refreshing, unassuming Ale sporting a light dissipating head, drew my attention. The Nose was clean, nothing jumping into my nostrils for a whiff, smelled almost like a light beer. As I began to partake though, I began noticing a light citrus undertow that pulled me back for more. I almost noticed light whispers of hop flavor, but without any bittering. This beer is great for warm weather, I would probably choose this with a summer crab boil. Cover the picnic table with newspapers set the boiling pot dead center and start cracking because a cold Tire Bite will go along with the party.
Matt gives this a howling 4 out of 5.

What the Fahrvergnügen? Is Matt starting to like fruity beers? Come to the dark side Matt. We have cookies.
Anyway, I digress. It is not really a fruity beer, there are simply some hints of citrus that I attribute to masterful use of hops and yeast. There is a well balanced malts and hops essence to the nose, the mouth feel is clean and medium bodied. A thoroughly enjoyable brew that delivers golden rays of sunshine directly to your tastebuds while little refreshment ninjas surf into your mouth on gentle waves of hoppy malted barley goodness.
-the Zech also delivers 4 out of 5 to this ale-

No comments:

Post a Comment